New Skin CARBON HD By mmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzoni

BH Lover
now you can try it, write your impressions :)

Like I said in my last post, realy good work for Your first skin ! Good graphic also, but like I afraid zapp speed is not very well and I think You need to improve it in new projects.

Go ahead, all the best in future !

mmark

Vu+ User+++
As already mentioned, this skin privilege the graphic, i disable the infobar in to zapping, so goes much faster :) but most people do not use zapping wild, and then the skin behaves like any other. As already mentioned, tastes are different and the choices are many:) but will certainly improve if we can improve.

mmark

Vu+ User+++
looks very nice. But too slow.

For curiosity, i've connected 2 box VU+ Duo with 2 different TV, i inserted a different skin, carbon and skin that dont mention, i used a single remote control to zap, change screens, and all that normally are made​​.
I have not found any difference, except that the gold pics (wide/dolby/HD) take a moment to light up in more (natural is the biggest), but in my opinion giving a realistic impression of the steps sd/hd, dolby yes/no etc. ...
Could you tell me the steps and 'much more slowly? so that it can be found too?

Dzoni

BH Lover
Try to test skins from @Matrix10 and Your and You will see real diferent between zap speed, especialy when press button to go to channels list.

But I am confident that You will improve it how time will go...

mmark

Vu+ User+++
Actually i did the test, it's of the skin default by MX10, bh1.6.5.
I used that because very clean and with few colors, the tests are identical with the zap, the channels change simultaneously in both boxes, but my opinion this is normal, in the zap, the OSD graphic not refreshed, changing only the labels and do not depend on the skin.
While opening the channel list may be that there is some fraction of a second in more or less, but without timing my eyes can not see it:) maybe we have different decoders that have different performances, i used vu+ duo.

In the short test i did, The zap is flowing in the same way, the writing flow fast
In view of the channels, both show the full picture in less than 1 second, I can better measure :)
The green panel idem...
The Blue panel seems a small slower, maybe (maybe) because is present other additional pictures and use small clock that definitely takes away something
The menus are shown and move in the list in the same way

Basically
I knew that more details and more graphic (like big watches) would make the skin more heavily, but in comparison i did not see differences, rather they are surprised at this, then maybe i will be denied, but for me, makes little difference if a page is displayed in 0.8 seconds or 0.6 seconds, these differences were not significant and and few people realize it.

Certainly there is scope to improve the performance, i think of all the images that i dont have optimized because the gain in size (and loading time) are very very minimal, but it an exercise that you can try.

Finally a last remark, as in graphics or photography, more detail and more color means more weight, if i create a black window with white writing, this will faster loading of a window with more images, pixelated Background, chrome pics, edged and shades, by means that do not compete on speed, but the look of privilege.

I believe that in comparison with other skin, (especially with certain styles), there will never be the possibility that a skin like carbon can be faster than a skin like rihanna, styles and content are too different, not speech of beautiful/ugly, but i like more than what i like most style or the other :)

Thank you for reporting, I will continue to tests :)

bye

ALPA

BH Lover
The very fast skin I like is BEYONCE 9
Clean, neat and extremely fast. Without flashing mambo jumbo.

mmark

Vu+ User+++
This is your best choice, but fortunately is not the only, i and many others prefer to flashing, mambo and Jumbo, the day will take a skin faster, take away all the flashing, mambo-jumbo, icons, images, fonts and writes, buy and use use a stopwatch to calculate how many milliseconds have gained in 60 minutes i spend in front of the TV :)

Hadock

Vu+ Newbie
good job master mmark,
İts very fine skin but on DVB-S channel info bar not shown
SNR % value.
please add snr% value on infobar.
thanks.

mmark

Vu+ User+++
Oooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkk in extra infobat i dont insert snr info i've insert this info only in the first infobar (lite)
bye

Dzoni

BH Lover
I see one think which You need to make/fix.

When we pass from channel to channel without entering any line under PIG for lengths given emission not show values ​​of length for each channels, but it remains to show the one with the length of the channel what we watch. On all other skins when we pass from channel to channel without entering any we can see different values ​​on the length of programs at each of them.

Rgs !

Dzoni

BH Lover
Strange that You do not understand :) Ok let's go.

1. Here is skin from my friend @Matrix and when I am on RTS1 channel I can see length of epg for that channel
mmark1.jpg

2. Same skin and I press 2 button under on B92 channel and without entering in that channel I can also see length of EPG for that channel
mmark2.jpg

3. Here is Your skin my friend, and same situation: I must to ENTERING Sky Select HD channel that I can see length of EPG for that channel
mmark3.jpg

4. Off course again Your skin :) and press one button above on ESPN channel but I see same length from channel before(Sky select) I couldn't see length of epg for this channel without entering and that is bad.
mmark4.jpg

I hope so that now is understand :) !

All the best !

mmark

Vu+ User+++
Why strange? your English, or my , maybe they are not perfect :) and often a picture is worth a 1000 words, in fact, now i understand :)
The answer is simple, the slider bar, refers to the channel displayed in the pig, dont stand corrected show the progress bar of a channel and view another.

filename.jpg

hello, and say hi to your friend

Status
Not open for further replies.